WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: And the winner is… Andy and his boys having high tea at The Murray Garden Lounge!
You may be tempted to play a drinking game this Chinese New Year called ‘take a shot every time some relative asks me an awkward question.’ But we don’t want you to get drunk so you yell at your aunt or uncle, questioning why you’re getting only ten dollars in lai see this year. It would make for a great, memorable scene. And you might not have to see them again for quite a while. But it wouldn’t be worth it (not speaking from personal experience!).
Instead, we have another game for you to play. Call it killing two birds with one stone. You win something and you stop the flood of uncomfortable questions coming your way, too.
We get it, meeting family members you see exactly twice a year is hardly exciting. And it seems that when people reach a certain age they decide they can ask any question they want. But hold your head high and say cheese when the questions start coming – tell them ‘It’s selfie time!’ and they will be too focused on looking good (because no matter how old we are, we want to look cute) and forget why they want to know if you have a boyfriend, when you’re getting married, or when you’re getting pregnant.
Better yet, you may WIN a luxurious CNY hamper tailor-made for the Year of the Rat.
A Kung Hei Fat Cheese hamper from Feather & Bone valued at HKD1,688
with everything you need for a delicious cheese platter with wines to match!
HOW TO PLAY:
- Be the hero of the group and suggest this year you guys spend it together at an ENTERTAINER merchant.
- Take a selfie of the group, and take as many as you want.
- Upload it on your Instagram, tag us @entertainerhk + hashtag #SayCheeseHK on the caption
Voila, crisis averted. And you now have a chance to win a luxurious, cheesy hamper, too
OK – back to business!
Where should you go? Here are a few, helpful suggestions:
If your family is into seafood, or if you guys are big on Spanish dishes, Sueno is the place to go. Their fusion dishes will leave your nosy relatives busy eating and their taste buds satisfied.
Cotton Tree Terrace (outdoors; pet-friendly)
If every year you guys want to go somewhere fancy, consider Cotton Tree Terrace. Located in The Murray, it’s a chic outdoor venue framed by the hotel’s iconic arches. This spot is particularly fabulous if pets are included in your gathering, as well.
Specialising in live seafood and other fine ingredients, Table is a pioneer in the concept of ingredient-based cuisine. The culinary team decide the best preparation method that suits a particular ingredient. A fan of oysters? You won’t be disappointed as they serve the best oysters in Hong Kong.
Spice up the festivities with a Sichuanese feast by Michelin-starred Head Chef Chan Wai Kin. This chic venue offers fiery dishes which you may enjoy at the main dining area or at the glamorous rooftop with stunning harbour views. Perfect spot for a family gathering.
An underrated gem serving a menu brimming with fine ingredients such as wagyu beef, lobster, escargot and more. They also have kickass cocktails and a shisha lounge, plus an elegant terrace with 270 degrees of our beautiful HomeKong.
Meeting your family members doesn’t sound as ominous now, does it? Admit it… We know you’re even looking forward to it. Just remember to #SayCheeseHK!
🗣Psst. Boring but Important…
- Pics of any type of family gathering – friends, colleagues, classmates, actual family – count. As long as you take them at an ENTERTAINER merchant.
- Multiple entries allowed. More entries = more chances of winning.
- Chinese New Year (25-28 January 2020) is among our Exclusion Days. ENTERTAINER offers are not valid on these days. For our full Rules of Use, click HERE. You may redeem ENTERTAINER offers at our merchants before, or after the CNY period.
- #SayCheeseHK runs on Instagram from 21 Jan – 10 Feb 2020. You may post entries during this entire period. Winner will be based on our favourite picture here at the ENTERTAINER HK HQ, and will be announced on the 12th of Feb, Wednesday.
- This contest is not affiliated with Instagram. In case of any dispute, the decision of the ENTERTAINER is final.
- Still don’t have an ENTERTAINER membership? Buy the ENTERTAINER Hong Kong 2020 with promo code HUBHK2020 for an extra-special discount (was HKD583, now HKD259)