Ahh Bali. The place which has something for everyone.
With its first class restaurants, awesome wave breaks, wonderful boutiques, sandy beaches, and spectacular scenery, Bali has just about everything. I’ve been busy putting together a list of the must-visit areas in Bali, amazing activities, and some fantastic hotel options… All available in your ENTERTAINER Hotels Worldwide! It’s time to book those flights and escape to a more exotic climate!
Ubud, made famous by Eat Pray Love, has been the island’s centre of arts, dance, food and yoga for many years. Located amongst the most beautiful scenic rice paddies Ubud has a laid back vibe where many people go for a weeks holiday and end up staying for a year.
Where to stay: Viceroy Bali
Nestled amongst Bali’s jungle with views of the Petanu river, the Viceroy Bali is a discrete, intimate hideaway ideal for those seeking privacy and comfort. This luxury villa resort is well-known for being one of the world’s best tropical, romantic, pampering luxury hotels. All of the private villas are luxuriously appointed with the latest amenities and have spacious yet cosy outdoor spaces with stunning valley views.
Things to do:
- Get up nice and early to visit Ubud’s market which is overflowing with sellers and buyers.
- Visit The Sacred Monkey Forest.
- Visit the breathtaking Tegalalang rice terraces just north of Ubud.
- Zen out with a yoga class.
- Set your alarm for the middle of the night and start your sunrise trek up the incredible Mount Batur. The 2-3 hour trek is worth it purely for the fantastic sunrise views and panoramic views of Mount Rinjani on the neighbouring Lombok, as well as Gilli Trawangan.
Seminyak, located just 20 minutes away from Denpasser airport is usually tarred with the same reputation as partying Kuta. However, Seminyak is a haven for those seeking adorable little boutiques, the best foodie spots, awesome sunset views, far-reaching beaches, and a lively atmosphere.
Where to Stay: Ametis Villa Bali
This collection of 14 luxury private villas is situated 20 minutes away from Seminyak in Canggu, meaning you can enjoy the buzzing life of Seminyak but still get a blissful night’s sleep. This boutique hotel brings sophistication and relaxation to their villas with open-plan living areas, gourmet kitchens, spa-style bathrooms, and your very own aquamarine swimming pool.
Things to do:
- Wander the streets of the ultra hip Seminyak with its famous boutiques, galleries, cafe, restaurants and nightlife.
- Take a long walk along Seminyak beach, or if you’re a pro-surfer, try your best to catch a few monster waves.
- Head along to Potato Head Beach Club for its glorious infinity pool, beach front location, refreshing drinks, and all day sunshine.
- Take the short trip to the Hindu temple, Tanah Lot Temple. Known for its stunning natural beauty and for being one of the top places in Bali to watch the evening sunset.
- Check out Ku-Te-Da, the world famous beach bar known for its delicious drinks, tasty food, and awesome sunset views.
If you’re after pure luxury then Nusa Dua is the place to be. The beaches are much less crowded and calmer making it the perfect place to lull about in the warm water or teach your little ones to swim. In fact, Nusa Dua is the perfect place to stay for a Bali family holiday, particularly with very young children, as there are fewer crowds and less traffic.
Where to Stay: Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort.
A lavish 5-star beachfront resort, you’ll love the gorgeous landscaped pools, the immaculate stretch of white sand bordering the Indian Ocean, 415 rooms with a refreshing blend of French elegance and authentic Balinese charm, and the blissful spa.
Things to do:
- Hire a bike and explore the little nooks and crannies of Nusa Dua.
- Relax and unwind! Nusa Dua is a place to recharge your batteries so just chill out with a good book.
Jimbaran is famous for its delicious fresh seafood served right on the beach, beautiful limestone cliff-fringed coastlines, and one of the best surf spots in Bali. These beaches have continuously lured in surfers and travellers with a penchant for adventure.
Where to stay: InterContinental Bali Resort
Blessed by an endless stretch of white sand beach overlooking the tranquil waters of Jimbaran Bay, InterContinental Bali Resort features 417 beautifully decorated guest rooms, six swimming pools, a children’s resort, fitness centre, and plenty of activities to keep guests occupied throughout the day. The perfect option for your stay.
Things to do:
- Start your morning early and mingle with the locals with a visit to Jimbaran’s seaside markets.
- Chill out and relax at one of Bali’s best beaches, Jimbaran Beach.
- Head a little further south to Uluwatu and hike up the hills to see the Uluwatu Temple where you’ll be treated to amazing views of the Indian Ocean.
- Spend the evening visiting the world famous Rock Bar at the Ayana Resort. The Rock Bar is a stunning bar literally on the ocean, you couldn’t get any closer if you tried. This exclusive bar perched on the rocks is the perfect spot to enjoy a cool drink as you listen to the crashing waves and watch the sun sink into the sky.
Surrounded by the shimmering blue waters of the Indian Ocean, the town of Ungasan is steadily becoming a popular yet exclusive seaside destination. The village itself remains as charming as ever and offers a window into the lives of Balinese villagers.
Where to stay: Banyan Tree Ungasan
Banyan Tree Ungasan is a beautiful resort offering breathtaking cliff edge views, lush landscaped gardens and spacious villas with private pools. It’s the ideal resort to escape the hectic everyday buzz of the UAE and enjoy complete rest and rejuvenation.
Things to do:
- Visit the Hindu temple, Pura Mas Suka.
- Visit Balangan beach, a very laid back local beach with cheap local warungs, and great sunsets. At low tide, there are massive rock pools here that are fantastic for kids to explore.
More affectionally referred to as ‘snore’, Sanur Beach is the quiet, tranquil side of Bali. Once a fishing village, Sanur is today full of historical charm and a hub for Balinese art, culture and tradition well away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the island.
Where to stay: Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali
Set amidst four hectares of lush tropical gardens and situated along 200m of golden beach in the Sanur district in south-east Bali, the Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali promises to be one of the best Bali has to offer, and a haven for guests to revitalise and rejuvenate. Contemporary tropical living can be experienced across the 120 luxurious suites and villas, where each unit offers expansive space, peace and round-the-clock on-call butler service.
Things to do:
- Grab your snorkel gear and explore the reefs.
- Hire a bike and pedal the Sanur beach walk.
- Enjoy a number of restaurants serving fresh seafood along the beach edge.
- Lay horizontal and catch some well-deserved sleep.
- Try a whole host of watersports on offer.
There you have it, a whole host of travel ideas along with some amazing hotel options, all available in your ENTERTAINER Hotels Worldwide. Not only that but you get the ENTERTAINER Hotels Worldwide completely free when you purchase any one of the ENTERTAINER products. Meaning you can enjoy buy one get one free offers in every single one of the hotels listed! Amazing if I do say so myself. Enjoy!